adidas by Stella McCartney continues to push boundaries in performance wear with the Spring/Summer 20 collection. Inspired by the collective of next-generation athletes, the new season apparel reimagines classic performance looks with innovative design.
The SS20 collection takes a fresh approach to iconic training looks within two new capsules: Club Collective and Boxfit. Both feature a mix of high-performance training essentials that fuse style and sport seamlessly and designed to support all types of movement.
The design inspiration of Club Collective is reminiscent of the London club scene of Stella McCartney’s youth, featuring a mix of training essentials designed to flow with the body through dance and other forms of movement. A soft, muted colour pallet balances with bold and playful prints, with relaxed silhouettes offering easy stylised layering over workout wardrobes.
- The Woven All-In-One Jumpsuit, an ultra-lightweight fabric designed into an exaggerated silhouette making it the perfect piece for layering from the street to the gym studio
- The oversized Printed Parka, made with 100% recycled polyester and water-repellent fabric to keep athletes protected and ready embrace the elements
- The UltraBOOST 20 shoe has been updated with a new silhouette and built with a new upper featuring Primeblue®, made with a blend of Parley Ocean Plastic and other recycled materials. The shoe features more BoostTM than ever before, offering incredible energy return in every step.
Tapping into adidas’ long history in boxing, combined with today’s modern iterations of boxing studios and the sport itself, the Boxfit collection is the epitome of style and performance. This apparel supports across a range of high-impact workouts, outside of boxing. Highlights include:
- The training Track Pants are made with an organic cotton outer layer for optimum comfort, with a flared design nodding to Stella’s signature style
- The new Boxing Shoes are ultra-light weight padded shoes with rubber outsoles that grip the floor for strong, stable footing in the ring. Featuring suede overlays that wrap the foot for added support during every move
- The wind-resistant Adizero Shorts made with lightweight woven fabric provide optimum comfort to allow for peak running performance
“THE ADIDAS BY STELLA MCCARTNEY COLLABORATION BEGAN 15 YEARS AGO AND HAS STAYED TRUE TO DELIVERING THE BEST IN PERFORMANCE WEAR THROUGH A FASHION LENS. THIS SEASON CELEBRATES MY FAVOURITE CLASSIC TRAINING LOOKS WITH UPDATED DESIGN TOUCHES FOR THE NEXT GENERATION. THE COLLECTION ALSO PAYS HOMAGE TO THE FIRST EVER ADIDAS BY STELLA MCCARTNEY COLLECTION, WITH UPDATED HERO PRINTS, SILHOUETTES AND COLOURWAYS FROM COLLECTION’S PAST”
The Spring/Summer 20 campaign features a diverse collective of individuals from around the world including: Dancer and artist Najla Gillam, Ballet dancer Parker Hit Hill, and Teen martial arts champion Mona Guba. Each encompasses strength and creativity in different forms, showcasing the power in embracing varied workouts.
Select pieces from the adidas by Stella McCartney SS20 collection will be available online from 15th January 2020 on adidas.com and stellamccartney.com with additional items launching later in the season.
Read other articles: